Saturday, April 17, 2010

Mountains in Life!

I went on a hike today and I had some thoughts come to my mind that I thought would be good to share with all of you. I went on a hike up by bridal veil falls. The weather has been awesome for a good hike I recommend everyone get out and do something! As I was hiking and getting close to the top of the mountain I had this thought come to me. As we start hiking we feel great and are very excited to get to the top. We go for a good amount of time, but towards the steeper parts we feel more like what am I doing? After a few breaks we are ready to go again. We may even hit a point where we think well actually I feel good I don't need to finish this (we become content). But if we decide to keep going we soon see how close we are to the top. That makes us feel ready to just get up to the top, but that can become the hardest part of the hike, because of how vertical it can get. As we push through it we get to where wanted to be and feel like we've really accomplished something good! My reward after was feeling GREAT! and just enjoyed the hike down feeling like I could do even more today! Same goes for our goals. We always feel that point were we can become content, or just want to feel like this isn't what I had in mind. If we choose to push through it though,k we realize our goal is always within reach. It does get harder before it gets much easier for us though. The rewards out weigh the hard work but a ton! Not only do you find something new within your self of accomplishment, but also after the rewards in your life, the down hill relaxing feeling of accomplishment is amazing! So before you decide your goal isn't worth it, remember the rewards that come from you pushing through the steep parts of your goal, then keep going!!

No comments:

Post a Comment