Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Ragnar Results


Well I am still alive! I want to thank Team Caselle for allowing me to be apart of their team! That was probably one of the best experiences I've had with all my finesses goals. I wasn't ready for this event at all, but I was still able to complete it by doing my best. My first leg started in the afternoon and it was a lot hotter than I thought it would be. While going I felt like I was making awesome time, and I was right! But somewhere along the last mile I got a bad cramp in my abs. This happened during my training run that Monday and I was worried that it would happen on my run and it did every leg of my race. My first leg I finished it in 35min. That is the fastest I've ever ran four miles! I was happy with the results, just worried I had burned out my legs already. The second leg was at 11PM and it was a three mile up hill run. I was doing awesome until I realized I hadn't even hit the real hill yet. The Hill was a three step hill, meaning it would climb then level off then climb again. It was hard! I still finished with a good time 29min. The last leg was the hardest thing I've put my self through. I woke up from the night and noticed my side hurt really bad and I was really worried. I still had to go run and while I was running before I even got to mile 1 my side cramp kicked in really hard. Dan called me during that mile and I have never had a point to where I really didn't know how I would finish, until that moment. I could have broke down and cried, but good thing for my ego I didn't. It was something I knew I would have to dig deep in order to finish my leg. I finished still with about a 10 min mile pace. I had to tell my self so many times during this race, dig deep, dig deep. It was a time where I knew I could prove something to my self and wanted it bad! Our team finished around 30 hours, great accomplishment. I highly recommend everyone who reads this to go and challenge your self your, your best competition! Go and win!

No comments:

Post a Comment