Thursday, June 3, 2010

Week 1 Lean (TACO'S???)


I still can't stand CHICKEN! I wasn't perfect on my menu, but I was at least 95%. The results came out to be .8% loss in body fat, which was about 1.5 LBS of fat off my body, and then 1 LBS of lean mass gained. We aren't sure if those are fluids or not yet. As hard as the lean out is, I do enjoy doing it. When I have to eat so clean I feel like I am at my most healthy health. This program will also have to be a little longer than we planned. I was just asked to do the Ragnar relay! While getting ready for events like this I can't be on a lean, due to the need of carbs while gearing up for it. So I will just post how training for this race is going. Yes, I know I have two weeks to get ready and I am a little behind. This will be a little bit of a challenge, but I am not worried I enjoy fitness challenges. As I was on my run yesterday, I had a thought come to mind about how I tend to over do what I am really capable of. Such as entering a race with no cardio endurance in me at the time. I was even running and thinking I need to slow down! There is just something inside of me saying "no do your best push through your weaknesses" I just refuse to walk and slow down, even when I know I need too. I love fitness challenges, because I am able to test my self each time. I love the feeling of being able to prove to my self and others, what can be accomplished on complete will power. Obviously even I have limits and there are points where I do have to listen to my body. I will always push to that point though. I see results by doing this. Most people are worried to push to this point, why? Because it hurts! It's not comfortable! Many times I have the thought quit come into my mind, but what makes the difference is never giving into it. Your results are a product of your own will power! Challenge your self a little and let pain become a feeling you look forward to. I hate training, I never feel awesome doing training, I just know the reward for doing it.
Also if you are wanting a great way to have healthy tacos, get some ground turkey meat and a 30% less sodium taco seasoning packet. Cook it all up, and then add your favorite tortilla with it and your veggies. This is a perfect meal to have for family dinners and it is very tasty! No, I didn't have any taco's on my lean out, I just made my turkey meat like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment